Let's help business and developers create something amazing together!
Purpose of a kickoff
- Create a plan for your software project
- Ensure commitment to implementing the plan
Outcome of a kickoff
- A group understanding of what in this project is clear, complicated, complex and chaotic
- A visible list of risks, blockers, dependencies, missing resources
- Next steps of who's gonna do what
Let's set us up for the best possible outcome!
Based on many awful kickoffs--and many awesome ones--I was part of I want to set us up for the best possible outcome. My routine before the project kickoff is pretty structured:
- I will collect expectations from key participants
- I will craft an invitation that is clear and meningful to all
- I will design a supple agenda and activities to get us from A to B.
Session structure is not a guarantee for perfection. Its design is supple so it can withstand some uncertainty emerging on the day.
Why choose me?
Since 2001 I worked around the globe in the IT world, but that is just a number. I've gone trough a journey from developer to product manager to facilitator so now:
- I have empathy for software developers
- I have empathy for the business side
- and with my facilitation skills I can help the group get past what seems like a trecherous journey.
Yes it works online
I worked remotely on and off since 2007. I am pretty skilled with all the latest online tools.
- I will assess are adeguate for your group context (skillset, bandwith, timezones)
- I have a state of the art office with: large monitor, backup internet and power so I can provide some redundancy.